So at the start of this year, I was poised to:
01. Write, write, write...
And I sorta did. In theory. I've worked out some damned good ideas, people, you don't even know! Natch as the year went on, none of those played out here. Win some, lose some, etc.
02. ...and get something published
Indeed. I was on a roll for a min there. God bless the web! But, there really aren't as many hours in the day for me as I need to churn stuff out like I should be.
03. Finally put my slacker days behind me
But...but...being a slacker is too much fun though! It's all I've got. Ixnay on this one.
04. Get a spanking new place
Oh yes, oh yes...I just got the green light earlier today and as of the new year, I'm dragging Ant with me to a place in Prospect Heights. Viva Brooklyn! It's nice to be back.
05. Roll through some poor boy's life like a hurricane and make him love every second
Done...and done...and done. The year started off shit slow, but fall was classic.
06. Take the music junkie status to the next level
Hmm...I don't know what I meant by that. But, I was a concert-going, music-devouring fool in '04, so I guess I can check that off the list.
07. See how nice it is to have money in the bank without spending it almost immediately afterwards
Oh, it was glorious! Too bad between furniture and expenses, I'll never have a savings again. Yay?
08. Leave town more often
Done and it was fun. AC, DC, LA...all golden.
09. Follow through on my plans
Eh...I'm getting better.
10. Keep that adventurous spirit while looking before I leap a bit more
I was mad on the ball. Go me!
11. Be more present-focused
That's a blessing and a curse when the present is blah as hell, but I think I did okay.
12. Be the best Candice I can be.